You are here

Community Resources

Food - Government Assistance

Food Bank for the Heartland - SNAP

1(855) 444-5556 (Nebraska) - 1(855) 944-3663 (Iowa): Call to speak with a SNAP expert to determine your eligibility for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits.

Nebraska DHHS - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

(402) 595-1258 OR Toll Free (800) 383-4278: The federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program helps low-income people buy food.  Applications can be completed at county DHHS offices or online at

Food - Holiday Meals and Assistance Programs

Bellevue Human Services - Holiday Assistance

(402) 293-3138: Sarpy County families who have children 12 years of age and under and meet low income guidelines, can apply for assistance with receiving new toys for their children. Applications are taken each year in early November. The sign up dates are advertised throughout the community and school newsletters.

First Lutheran Church

542 S 31st St - (402) 345-7506: Christmas food baskets for low income families and individuals in the Greater Omaha area.

The Salvation Army - Material Assistance & Seasonal Services (MASS)
The Salvation Army Burrows Center, 6101 NW Radial Highway - (402) 898-5860: Assistance with clothing, household items, prescription medications, utilities, and seasonal needs (coats, fans, holiday assistance, etc.). Eligibility requirements vary with service requested. A picture ID, social security card or birth certificate for everyone in household and proof of residence within the last 30 days is required. There may be income guidelines for specific programs. CALL for UP TO DATE HOURS/ELIGIBILITY INFO.

Food - Meals

MOHM'S Place - Council Bluffs

1435 N 15th St - (712) 256-3940: Meals for anyone in need.

Open Door Mission

2705 North 20th St E - (402) 422-1111: Hot lunch and dinner served Monday-Sunday.  Call for current time schedule.

Siena Francis House

1117 N 17th St - (402) 341-1821: Provides daily meals to those in need including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Meals for individuals in need who are not receiving on campus services are available for curbside pickup at no cost. Call to schedule a meal pickup.

Food - Pantries

Bellevue Human Services - Food Pantry

(402) 293-3138: Bellevue residents in need of the food assistance can call to make an appointment to receive a food pantry referral. Once a referral is obtained, the food bags can be picked up from the local distribution site from. The pantry can provide non perishable food items and vouchers for perishable food items to be used at the grocery store.

Benson Baptist Church

6319 Maple Street - 551-1512: Food pantry open the last Saturday of each month from 9am - 12pm. ID and Social Security Cards for each member of the household required at first visit. Information accurate as of 3/3/2021, CALL FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION.

Care and Share House-Food Pantry

1808 5th Avenue, Council Bluffs: (712) 323-4889
600 South Main Street, Council Bluffs: (712) 323-4889
Free food pantry and free store for clothing and household items with two locations in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Care and Share House is a non-profit organization staffed by volunteers and supported by the Council Bluffs area United Methodist Churches.


Catholic Charities
St. Martin de Porres: 2111 Emmet St. - (402) 453-6363: Open M, F from 9am - 1pm and T from 2pm - 4pm
Juan Diego Center: 5211 S 31st St. - (402) 731-5413: Open M, T, Th, F from 9:30am - 11:30pm and W from 4pm - 6pm

Emergency food pantries. REQUIREMENTS - Bring a photo ID and a piece of mail in your name postmarked in the last 30 days (no PO boxes). Information accurate as of 3/3/2021 CALL FOR UP TO DATE HOURS AND REQUIREMENTS.

Community of Christ Thrift Store and Food Pantry - Council Bluffs

17 North 2nd, Council Bluffs - (712) 328-8122: Thrift store and food pantry - call for hours and details

Countryside Community Church - Community Cupboard

13130 Faith Plaza (132nd and Pacific) - 391-0350:  Food pantry available to anyone in need. Shop for what you want or get a pre-packed box. Something with your Omaha address on it and boxes or bags to carry your groceries required. As of 3/3/2021 the pantry is open on the 1st Saturday of each month from 9am - 11:30am. CALL FOR CURRENT DAYS/TIMES.

FaithWorks Pantry

4814 Oaks Lane - (402) 895-3394: Food pantry for anyone in need. No ID necessary, just provide your name, the number of people in your household, and verbally confirm you meet income guidelines. As of 3/3/2021 hours are 5pm - 7pm on the 3rd Wednesday of each month and 10am - 12pm on the 4th Saturday of each month. CALL FOR UP TO DATE DAYS/TIMES.

First Lutheran Church

542 S 31st St - (402) 345-7506: Photo ID, Social Security card and proof of address required. Only 1 pantry per 30 days. No referral needed. Call for info. 

First Presbyterian Church - Hand Up Food Pantry

216 South 34th Street - (402) 345-5383: Provides monthly food pantry access with social security card and 2 pieces of ID with your address. Weekly assistance available for individuals age 65 and older. CALL FOR CURRENT DAYS/TIMES.

Food Bank for the Heartland

1(855) 444-5556 (Nebraska) - 1(855) 944-3663 (Iowa): The Food Bank for the Heartland distributes food to over 600 pantries, schools, shelters, meal providers, and other organizations in Nebraska and western Iowa for distribution to individuals and families in need. Call or go online to find food distribution sites, mobile pantries, and SNAP assistance.

Heart Ministry Center

2222 Binney Street - 451-2321: The Heart Ministry Center offers a “choice” food pantry. Pantry clients can choose from a variety of bread, meat, produce, and canned or boxed items. Clients are able to use the pantry once every 30 days. CALL for UP TO DATE HOURS/ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.

  • Tuesday: 10am – 1pm
  • Wednesday: 10am – 1pm
  • Thursday: 10am – 1pm
  • Friday: 10am – 1pm
  • Saturday: 9am – 12pm


Heartland Hope Mission

South Omaha Pantry - 2021 U Street - (402) 733-1904: Open Tuesday 6:30pm - 7:30pm, Thursday 1:30pm - 4:30pm, and Saturday 9:30am - 12pm

Millard Pantry - 5321 S 139th Plaza: Open the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month from 10:30am - 11:30am

Pantry provides a week's supply of food, clothing, hygeine items, information, and referrals. Individuals may access the pantry one a month. Individuals age 60 and older and/or with documented disabilities may access the pantry twice a month. Requirements - photo ID, one form of ID for each household member, and proof of address. Information accurate as of 3/3/2021, CALL FOR UP TOO DATE INFORMATION.